Football.com - everything football

Why Arsenal and arsene wenger should really go for the Fa cup this year

by LewisLeonard
Feb 14, 2014 2:07 PM GMT

although arsenal are still very much in the title race I do not believe that they have the quality to win it. To find out my reasons go to my previous blog. Also, with them playing Bayern Munich in the last 16 of the champions league they will need a miracle to beat them. they have not lost a single game during the whole league season in Germany so far are in the semi final of the German cup. Also, even though Chelsea won there by being the better the way Bayern munich outplayed Manchester City at the Etihad was unbelievable. Ok, man city went to the Allianz arena and won both teams were already secured qualification for the last 16. However arsenal will have some belief going in to the 2 legs as last year even though they were outplayed at the emirates and lost 3-1 they then became the first English team to win at the Allianz arena and won there 2-0 and that result inspired them to pip Tottenham to fourth and then have a brilliant start to the season were they only lost once in August, September and October. Also, this season Arsenal have really made the emirates a fortress,, apart from that opening day distarious 3-1 to Aston villa they haven't lost at home and have only conceded 3 home goals since then. It will me a mouth-watering tie. Back to the fa cup and Liverpool are most likely going to field a strong team as they have only the premier league and the fa cup to think about and with the nest league game not for another week they will have plenty of rest time. Therefore, arsenal will have to field a strong team because if they field a second-string team then they could end up with another embarrassing score. but if Arsenal win the cup tie with Liverpool then they will have a big opportunity to win the cup as with Chelsea and man city playing each other then they would only be one team in there they would be a real worry for arsenal. Also although arsenal have had a very good season beating spurs in the fa cup third round with a looked like easy 2-0 victory coming second in the champions league group of team only being denied top spot by head-head record and are only 1 point of top of the league quite deep in to the season. the arsenal fans will get more and more frustrated and eventually they will all turn on wenger. even last year when they were struggling there were thousands of people calling for wenger out. also they booed the team off after the 0-0 draw with the champions. this shows that time is running out for arsene wenger from the fans point of view I think if wenger fails to win silverware this season or next season then the majority of arsenal fans will turn on him. Being an arsenal fan I admire what he has brought to the club but think about it would Chelsea, man city, man united keep a manager who hasn't won anything for 8 years. mancini was sacked from man city because he didn't win anything in 1 season despite winning them there first title in 44 years and the fa cup the year before. Also the rate that Chelsea sack managers is well known but I think that mourinho will give them stability for a few years now. so if arsenal beat Liverpool I believe that they will have a great chance of winning the Fa cup..