Football.com - everything football

The Wonder Kid that is Saido Berhinho

by CJM
Jan 02, 2014 1:14 PM GMT

Saido Berahinho is only 20 years of age but what a skillful young footballer he is.
Being a West Brom fan myself I did not know what to expect from this young lad, but I must say I was presently surprised he is fully of energy a willingness to work for team and definitely has goals in him.
This season he has bagged some crucial goals he scored in the 2-1 victory at old Trafford, in the 3-3 draw at West ham United and most recently bagged the penalty at the hawthorns against Newcastle.
It is no surprise that he this lad has recently been offered a new contract unbelieveable he only used to earn 850 per week and has seen a significant wage rise to 20,000 per week.
This is a player that West Brom cannot afford to lose; before this contract was signed some of the big teams such as Arsenal and Chelsea were sniffing around him which was no surprise at all.
With this all said Saido Berahinho has only 3 goals in the Barclays premier League campaign for the 2013/2014 season.
This is not a good goal average for a striker but he has only started 4 times and 10 times coming off the bench. You have a young lad who is eager to play will get you goals and you leave him sitting on the bench.
I think it is quite easy to see where West Brom has gone wrong throughout this season.
So the question is why and would this be different if he started every week?

Your thoughts on this and if you want to see more of my blog posts you can visit CJM PC Services.