Dortmund confirm Lewandowski exit
By Football News
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed striker Robert Lewandowski will not extend his contract at the club.
The Poland international has long been linked with a move away from the Bundesliga champions, with Bayern Munich and Manchester United believed to be at the front of the queue for his signature.
Zorc confirmed to Sky Deutschland on Wednesday Lewandowski will not extend his current deal at Signal Iduna Park, and will likely leave at the end of the current season or after the 2013/14 campaign.
"Robert will not renew his contract, he will leave either this summer or in the summer of 2014," he said.
The news is likely to have caught the attention of officials at both Bayern and United, although Lewandowski is unlikely to be short of suitors following his form for Dortmund over recent seasons.
Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer said earlier this week that Jupp Heynckes' side do not need the 24-year-old due to the forward options already at their disposal, although he confessed he would be happy to see the player make the move.
Lewandowski joined Juergen Klopp's side in the 2010 off-season in a 4.75-million euro move from Lech Poznan.