Football.com - everything football

Ford Is Set To Showcase Athleticism At NFL Combine

by Dan Harralson
Feb 20, 2014 12:08 AM EST

Friday kicks off the NFL combine in Indianapolis.
Many players will be showcasing their talents and attributes in front of many scouts and television screens for their positioning in the NFL draft.
Former Auburn defensive end Dee Ford is one of the many that will showcase their skills.
Ford brings speed, athleticism and personality to the table. The defensive end says he's ready to showcase his skills at the NFL Combine.
"The Combine is not a lot about football. It's really there to show your athleticism," said Ford.
Ford had a team-best 10.5 sacks and and a leading 14.5 tackles for a loss for Auburn last season.
The stellar 2013 season has the Odenville, Ala. native as a projected late first-round to early second-round draft choice.
Ford will compete along with four other Tigers in Indianapolis. Others include offensive lineman Greg Robinson, running back Tre Mason, defensive back Chris Davis and punter Steven Clark.
"It's a great opportunity to show how athletic you are, and I'm going to take advantage of every drill," Ford said on the NFL Network on Tuesday. "I'm there to compete. I'm want to win every drill and have the best time. I'm not looking over this. I know I can play football, but I want to show my athleticism, too."