Football.com - everything football

Highly Touted Kerryon Johnson Choices Auburn

by Dan Harralson
Apr 15, 2014 11:15 PM EDT

Highly touted running back prospect Kerry Johnson made his collegiate choice early, and did not wait until national signing day.
The 6-feet, 200-pound Johnson is the No. 2 prospect in the state of Alabama and is the No. 37 overall prospect nationally in the 247Sports Composite.
"I'll be on the Plains next year," Johnson said. "I've been to Auburn a couple of times and every time I've been there, I'm telling you man, there's a feel to Auburn. It felt like in my household. It's just a whole community -- you're meeting people's parents, grandparents, daughters, you're meeting everyone."
Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Ole Miss, South Carolina and USC all offered the Madison Academy (AL) prospect.
"You just feel that family culture and you know you can trust that and you know you feel safe in that," Johnson said. "It's a small town, relatively, but its got a lot of fire to it. I just love the feeling of it and that was the deciding factor."
Johnson also plays safety, but running back seems ideal for him under the eyes of Gus Malzahn's offensive system.