Football.com - everything football

Week 24 Match Predictions

by YNWA with Zach
Jan 31, 2014 8:31 PM EST

I'm very excited to be making my Football.com blog debut! Let's kick off (hehe) with a look into my predictions and brief analysis for the upcoming matches this weekend!

Saturday

Newcastle 1 - 2 Sunderland
Newcastle are hoping to parlay their recent dip in form with a home win against a resurgent Sunderland. However, Sunderland look to be on the rise and will count on either Fletcher or Altidore to work hard for the team and maybe FINALLY get on the score sheet themselves and shock Newcastle.

West Ham 1 - 2 Swansea
West Ham may be buoyed by the hard earned point gained against Chelsea at the Bridge last round, but unless they play 11 behind the ball again, Swansea will have the advantage in open play.

Hull 0 - 3 Tottenham
Sherwood's men will see this type of game as a must-win if they hope to qualify for European competition at the end of the season. Hull's defense will be pushed to their wits in this one and I cannot see a shock home win for the Tigers.

Cardiff 0 - 0 Norwich
Norwich will be hoping for a much needed win against bottom of the table Cardiff, but if goals per game mean anything, Cardiff will see this as a great opportunity to take 3 points. Norwich's back line better be up for the match.

Everton 1 - Aston Villa 0
This one is a tough call. Everton's sudden slump and loss of Lukaku versus the unpredictability of Aston Villa. Everton will look to bounce back at home after the shocking 4-0 loss in the Merseyside Derby, but will need to play as a team to come up with 3 points against a revitalized Villa after that incredible 4-3 win over West Brom.

Stoke 0 - 3 Manchester United
Stoke's poor run of form could not come at a worse time as they face Man United. Even though Moyes' side are struggling in their own right this season, this match should give them little grief and a big boost in confidence to regain top form and push for Europe.

Fulham 0 - 2 Southampton
Fulham find themselves second from the bottom of the table and their current run of form will not do them any favors as they come up against a strong Southampton squad on the back of a great point gained against Arsenal last round.

Sunday

West Brom 1 - Liverpool 4
West Brom will struggle to dictate much of any of this match if Rogers' midfield and attack maintain the form exhibited against Everton last round. West Brom will struggle from open play but could give Liverpool a headache from set pieces as the Red's defense has struggled through injury and a lack of cohesion.

Arsenal 3 - 0 Crystal Palace
Arsenal fans will demand a convincing win after the 2 dropped points against Southampton last round and Palace will surely be the victims of their retaliation. Palace's away form provides little hope of manifesting even 1 point from this match, regardless of their final day acquisition of Tom Ince and Joe Ledley.

Monday

Manchester City 2 - 1 Chelsea
This is certainly going to be a fantastic finale to a weekend of matches. Manchester City have been virtually unplayable at the Etihad. Though the loss of a player of Aguero's class would devastate most teams, City's attacking fortitude and depth will prevail. City are heavily outscoring Chelsea as the Blues find themselves relying on their midfield to produce goals. Mourinho will be hoping to capitalize on quick counter attacks to catch City out will count on his striker (Eto'o most likely) to make the most of the chances he gets. Getting my popcorn ready for this one!

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to challenge my predictions! I encourage it! Enjoy the matches!

Zach