Football.com - everything football

145 Days Until Vol Football? A New Tennessee QB? And VFL Flag Football Rosters

by Dan Harralson
Apr 08, 2014 10:08 AM EDT

Saturday will be the Orange and White spring game that begins at 3 PM ET inside Neyland Stadium.
Fans may want to stay in their seats at halftime as VFL greats will play a seven-on-seven flag football game at half. The rosters are listed here.

145 Days Until UT Football?
Tennessee is now in discussions to move their home opener against Utah State to Sunday, August 31.
The move will allow Tennessee to gain national exposure, as more viewers will be tuning in with less games being televised on Labor Day weekend Sunday.
Tennessee made the move to Labor Day weekend Sunday in 2004. The Vols defeated UNLV, 42-17 with an ESPN 8 PM kickoff. The Vols went 10-3 in 2004, winning the SEC east and were Cotton Bowl champs.

In-state Prospect Verbally Chooses Vols
Jauan Jennings of Murfreesboro, Tenn., the state's No. 1 overall prospect in the 2015 class (according to 24/7sports), announced Monday that he has committed to Tennessee.
“Really, Tennessee is just a great place to be,” Jennings said. “The coaches there, they really talk to you more from just a player-coach standpoint. Really, they just stress the importance of an academic scholarship and how that carries farther on than you playing football."
Jennings wants to play quarterback at UT. “They think I can play quarterback,” Jennings said. “I know I can play quarterback. It’s just a matter of importance of me getting there and earning a spot. Nothing’s going to be given to you there, just like if I was to go to any other school. I’m going to go there and do what I can do. They think I have the attributes to do the offense that coach Butch Jones has put there at Tennessee, and I think I can, too.”
Jennings had SEC offers from Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Mississippi State and Ole Miss. Here are some of his highlights:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1534240/highlights/94728379