Football.com - everything football

Auburn Entertains Vol Commit Preston Williams

by Dan Harralson
Mar 08, 2014 9:59 AM EST

Five-star Tennessee wide receiver commit Preston Williams (class of 2015) visited Auburn Friday.
The Hampton, Ga., product verbally committed to Tennessee on September 21 after Tommy Thigpen and Zach Azzanni recruited him hard for Tennessee.
Now that Preston has visited the SEC champs, his commitment to Tennessee will have to stay strong.
"I'm still committed to Tennessee," Williams said. "Being a committed guy, you have to stay strong."
There's no doubt that deciding between Tennessee and Auburn is hard for a college prospect, both have second-year head coaches - and coaching staffs - that are similar and headlined by good, young coaches.

"The coaches were relatable," Williams said. "They are player coaches, so just sitting and getting to know them better I can see that they are really there for you."
Nonetheless, the 6-foot-4 and 190 pounds receiver has two schools that are good choices to have so much interest in.
"Auburn is a great place to be," Williams said. "This is my first time visiting and it kind of surprised me. I didn't think Auburn was what it was and it was great. Auburn is definitely in my top four."