Football.com - everything football

Tennessee Spring Ball: Practice #10

by Dan Harralson
Apr 03, 2014 8:15 PM EDT

Spring practice number ten took place at Haslam Field Thursday.
The day began with Tennessee alum Paul Finebaum hosting his ESPN syndicated radio show from Neyland Stadium. (Picture above courtesy of UT Sports)

Link to Interview
Here are Butch Jones' quotes from today:
"I want to welcome you back to Rocky Top. Its great to have you back on campus. Its a beautiful day."
"Its all about building a standard of expectation. We had a great amount of success in recruiting."
"We have welcomed 14 newcomers now. They have changed the dynamics of the football team. We will welcome 18 more in June."
"Recruiting is all about people, establishing relationships & trust. When people come on campus, they feel warmth & family environment."
"People make a place. We have great people in at areas and facets of this university. It starts with Jimmy Cheek & Dave Hart."
"We talk about being One Tennessee. When one program wins, we all win. We have great relationships with Holly Warlick & Cuonzo Martin."
"When one program has success we all have success and we all support each other."
"I’m in favor of player safety. The welfare of student-athletes is critical in moving this game forward. I am in favor of up-tempo."
"If we want to look at safety, we have to look a punt return safety. There are some terms in special teams, we have to look at."
"I have a tremendous amount of respect for Lane Kiffin. He’s a great football coach. We will concentrate on playing Alabama."
"There is great honor that comes with being in the SEC. We are very proud to compete in the best conference in America."
"We will be a freshman football team. I like our team. We have to be disciplined."
"We have a road map for success and we can’t deviate from that plan. Fans saw marked improvement & I like the direction we are headed."
Jones to Finebaum: "I respect everything you do and what you do for college football and the SEC. Welcome home."