Football.com - everything football

Tennessee Spring Ball: Practice #7

by Dan Harralson
Mar 28, 2014 10:20 AM EDT

Spring practice number seven took place Thursday afternoon at Haslam Field.
Spring practices 7-14 are key practices to allow every offensive position to adapt and progress within the system.
Competition was at the spring's highest and Tennessee coaches dubbed the seventh spring practice as "Competition Thursday."
Some of the early enrollees showed improvement from pre-spring break to now.
Josh Malone is one. "I've seen a steady improvement," wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni said of Malone. "After the first couple of practices, he hit a wall in that first scrimmage, but since that day, he's really, really come along. There's a long way to go, but boy, oh oh boy, you see some flashes. If he keeps improving the way he's improving, he'll be a really great player here."
Another early enrollee that has stood out defensively is defensive back Emmanuel Moseley.
"He's really smart, he pays attention to detail, he's really coachable, he's got a great demeanor about him," said defensive coordinator John Jancek. "I love his speed, athleticism and change of direction. Obviously he's really young and makes a lot of mistakes still but I think he's got a bright future."

Here is the full spring practice schedule:

Friday, March 7 4:20 PM
Saturday, March 8 10:45 AM
Tuesday, March 11 4:20 PM
Thursday, March 13 4:20 PM
Friday, March 14 4:20 PM
Tuesday, March 25 4:20 PM
Thursday, March 27 4:20 PM
Saturday, March 29 10:45 AM
Tuesday, April 1 4:20 PM
Thursday, April 3 4:20 PM
Saturday, April 5 10:45 AM