Football.com - everything football

Torrance Gibson Announces Top Seven Schools

by Dan Harralson
May 29, 2014 8:56 PM EDT

The nation's top high school recruit Torrance Gibson announced his top seven schools "in order" today.
They are as followed:
It appears that Tennessee and Auburn are going to be 1A and 1B as long as Butch Jones and Gus Malzahn are recruiting Gibson heavy - which should not change.
Tennessee does have to be careful if they do not win the Torrance Gibson sweepstakes - the Vols need to take another quarterback early since Gibson is waiting until December to announce.
Auburn has the luxury of playing the waiting game. With Jeremy Johnson, Sean White and Tyler Queen all settled into the Tigers' 2015 depth chart, Malzahn and his staff can afford to wait until December.
That leaves the rest of the pack.
LSU sits at No. 3 on Gibson's list - and the Tigers can play the waiting game, too. LSU may not be the only one playing the waiting game, Gibson maybe playing the waiting game on LSU.
LSU transitions into the spread attack and Gibson maybe waiting to see how the offensive transition pans out.
Oklahoma comes in at No. 4, which is a bit of a surprise. But in a conference where defense is lack there of, Gibson under Bob Stoops' direction would almost seemingly place the Sooners in the College Football Playoff annually.
The last observation of Gibson's top seven schools is Ohio State. The Buckeyes have fallen and have probably officially fallen out of the race. For whatever reason, it seems that Urban Meyer is not able to use his credentials to land the dual-threat five-star talent.
1. Tennessee - “I talk to coach Butch Jones a lot. I talk to the wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni a lot. I’d like to talk to the quarterbacks coach Mike Bajakian more so I know his plan. I do enjoy talking to coach Zach. They have a great school and campus. They play in a great conference that I like.”
1. Auburn - “I spend a lot of time talking to (quarterbacks) coach Rhett Lashlee and have gotten a feel for him. I’m comfortable with him. His offense does work. They made a beast out of Cam Newton. They have a great class coming in this year. They made it to the BCS title game last year. They have a plan and its working.”
3. LSU - “(Quarterbacks) coach Cam Cameron is a great coach. I get to talk to their head coach (Les Miles). He’s a great guy to talk to. Coach Cameron is a great offensive coordinator and a great person in general. They have a great facility and football team. I’m going to visit them soon, probably for an official (visit).”
4. Oklahoma - “I talk to (quarterbacks) coach Josh Heupel a lot. He came to my school and watched me in spring practice. He saw me throw the ball. I talk to him a lot on Twitter. I called him a couple of days ago. I haven’t talked to their head coach (Bob Stoops) yet. I’m definitely going to be visiting them again.”
5. Ohio State - “It’s just the staff and (Buckeyes head coach) Urban Meyer is a great coach. They have a great offensive coordinator (Tom Herman). Braxton Miller is leaving after this year and they are looking for someone to fill his spot. Even though they took a four-star quarterback (Joe Burrow) that doesn’t change my opinion of them. The Buckeyes are still a great program. I’ll visit them for the first time in the fall for an official visit. I talk to (Director of Player Personnel) Mark Pantoni and Urban on Twitter. I haven’t talked to coach Herman in a while. That’s probably why they are No. 5 for me.”
6. Miami - “I’d be committed there right now if they ran a spread offense that runs the zone-read. That’s the kind of offense that best fits me. I hear from Al Golden, (quarterbacks) coach James Coley and (running backs) coach Hurlie Brown. I talk to them on Facebook and Twitter. They’ve been recruited me since the eighth grade and they are still pushing and recruiting me hard.”
7. Central Florida - “It’s just the coaches at UCF. They stay in contact with me. I haven’t heard from them in two or three days but I know I’m going to see the campus this summer for the first time and talk ball. It will be like my Spring Tour. I’m going to see the academics and dorms and rooms and talk ball and have fun.”