Football.com - everything football

Vol Running Back Alden Hill Leaves Program

by Dan Harralson
Apr 22, 2014 7:56 PM EDT

Tennessee red-shirt sophomore running back Alden Hill has left the Tennessee football program.
Hill announced today on his Instagram account that he has moved on. Playing time could be the deciding factor for the 6-foot-2, 221-pound running back.
"As of today ... I'm sad to say I am no longer a Tennessee Vol," Hill wrote on Instagram. "I have decided to move on for my best interest and find a new home. I have loved Tennessee and the entire Big Orange family. I thank the coaches and the fans for my time here and will always remember my time spent at Tennessee, my first true love."
Hill rushed 10 times for 58 yards and scored 1 touchdown last year as a red-shirt freshman.

Current UT Running Backs
Tennessee now has Marlin Lane, Devrin Young, Jalen Hurd, Derrell Scott, Justus Pickett, Chris Beck and Deanthonie Summerhill all on roster for 2014.

The Dooley Era Is Almost Over
With Hill's departure, the Vols have only 11 players remaining from the Class of 2012, the last group signed by former head coach Derek Dooley.

Defensive end LaTroy Lewis, defensive tackle Danny O’Brien, linebacker Justin King, linebacker Kenny Bynum, quarterback Nathan Peterman, receiver Jason Croom, receiver Drae Bowles, receiver Cody Blanc, kicker George Bullock and receiver Pig Howard are the remaining players.