Division Champs: Ohio (East), Northern Illinois (West)
Conference Champ: Northern Illinois
Top Heisman Candidate: Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois
Offensive Player Of The Year: Lynch
Defensive Player Of The Year: Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo. Mack averaged 8.5 tackles per game, amassed 8 sacks, and led the MAC in TFL’s — all stats that best his biggest competitor DT Roosevelt Nix’s numbers from last season.
Coach Of The Year: P.J. Fleck, Western Michigan
Biggest Upset: Buffalo over Bowling Green
Emerging Star: Willie Snead, WR, Ball State
Game Of The Year: Ohio at Bowling Green
Biggest Disappointment: Kent State
Coach On The Hottest Seat: Rod Carey, Northern Illinois
A Six Pack Of Bold MAC Predictions
1. Buffalo will be the surprise team of the MAC.
2. Buffalo should win seven games this year.
3. Kent State RB Dri Archer will be the best offensive player (not named Jordan Lynch) in the conference.
4. Seven MAC teams will be bowl eligible by year’s end.
5. Ball State QB Keith Wenning will break the school record for career passing yards this season.
6. Northern Illinois will go undefeated in 2013.
Compiled by MAC contributor Jon Coffey.
Oregon State to make its fourth-ever trip to the Rose Bowl is my favorite of all the "bold" predictions.