Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard found himself in the middle of a sexism row after posting this adorable photo on Instagram of his baby son with his three young sisters.
The former England captain wrote a caption with the picture that read: “Looks like his ironing and washing is sorted when he gets older 😄🤗 ❤️”
The post immediately hit a sour note with women fans on social media with one writing: “Are you still living in the fifties?? What a sexist point of view…”
Another wrote: “The caption is outdated a former England captain should know better in my view. If you “don’t see nothing sexist ” about the post you must be either 5 or a ***** moron.”
Gerrard and wife, Alex, had their first boy, Lio George Gerrard, on April 29.
The pair already had three daughters together, 13-year-old Lilly-Ella, 10-year-old Lexie and five-year-old Lourdes.
“Our family is complete ❤,” Gerrard wrote on Instagram after their son was born.
Last month, while still managing Sunderland, David Moyes found himself in hot water with the football authorities following his controversial comments to BBC reporter Vicki Sparks.
After answering a question over growing pressure on him to get results, Moyes was heard saying: “You were just getting a wee bit naughty at the end there, so just watch yourself. You still might get a slap even though you’re a woman. Careful the next time you come in.”
Many fans also went to Gerrard’s defence on Instagram, with one writing: ‘A bit sexist but I will let you of , just because I love you.’
“Knock it off feminists, he’s just being a happy father let him be,” added another supporter.
Gerrard MBE, is currently the Academy coach at Liverpool after a one-year stint in the MLS with the Los Angeles Galaxy and will take over as manager of the club’s U18 side ahead of the 2017–18 season.
Here’s the thread from Gerrard’s Instagram account…
- jelliebondA bit sexist but I will let you of , just because I love you @stevengerrard
- itzjustakingthingYes lad u got ur boy now blessings
- maryespearCutest thing ever @devereuxsp 😭
- danecallery@mohammed99282 Wasn’t really funny mind. The caption is outdated a former England captain should know better in my view. If you “don’t see nothing sexist ” about the post you must be either 5 or a XXXXXX moron.
- mohammed99282@joesarnovsky stop being a feminist trump hater. There’s nothing wrong with his older sisters helping him out in the future. No reason to bring trump or politics into this. You people must stop be so sensiti
- johnachterberg71Great picture of the kids 👌💪👊
- lewismetcalf67He’s gunna be like u a legend
- lauriegerrardHow cute 😍💗💗💗💙
- vamosrafa_bbvipThat’s so sweet 💟💟
- ryanjames940Here come the fat feminists
- cianheuston@seangormley_ how many women were triggered by that caption?
- lewis.dean56@adam_bravery hahahaha
- elthenerdIt’s sorted because your wealth allows all your children to avoid chores for the rest of their lives.
- mohammed99282@irmavepkitty just stop! There’s nothing wrong with what he said if you don’t like it unfollow, you obviously cannot take joke and way too sensitive
- florichelle5Are you still living in the fifties?? What a sexist point of view… 👎👎👎
- mohammed99282@danecallery I’m moron because I think it’s fine for older siblings to help their younger ones??
- ady052779Absolutely precious @stevengerrard
- mosesrizky10It’s his son he would do lesser chores. Thts what the skipper means. Knock it off feminists, he’s just being a happy father let him be
- yazzelsworth@cwhits92 leave it out
- aparajitakar18He is very cute…. <3 very lucky too to have such lovely sisters…. hugs and kisses *3
- s_daniyarrJoke aside. What’s wrong with the sisters taking care him? .. these “modern” women are rally something .
- husseinkhamis77@jasimalnajdi that caption 😂
- agbor300@_sheldondsa jokeman😂
- mohammed99282@danecallery I think you’re taking this too seriously
- mohammed99282@s_daniyarr ikr that’s what I was saying and got labeled a “sexist” people really need to chill
- htownson25@stevengerrard most adorable picture I’ve seen this year 💕
- fkennishSo cute 😊
- andrewmoody_Way to promote antiquated gender roles there, Stevie G.
- eldardahlCareful so you don’t do a “David Moyes”, Steven😆
- samwalkingt0n@irmavepkitty clearly another person who doesn’t have a sense of humour
- maralipsouINSANE! glad to here that’s how he expects his daughters to be treated. #nohope @stevengerrard@chafnos
- a1nstagramThe comments on here are hilarious. People get so bloody offended.
- lauren_kxo@eliotbishop96 😍😍😍
- nate_n24It’s harry redknapp as a baby
- thisisanitsada👶❤👼 So cute
- katarm0380Beautiful 💕
- mk_dons_r_real_wimbledonThat’s A sexy baby
- ruby.raiinLmaooooo Stevie
- creed111@ermworm59 So you’re telling me you didn’t help your little brother out with those things, or you wouldn’t have if you don’t have a brother? My sister helped me with “household chores” because you know why? Cause she COULDN’T help me pull up weeds with her bare hands, hedge the bushes, catch the snakes, pressure wash the pool concrete. So, you know as a family we helped EACH OTHER OUT WITH WHAT EACH GENDER INHERENTLY DOES BETTER THAN THE OTHER!!!
- jayedwards85Boss 😂
- jpeapellHaha lad 🙌🏻🙌🏻
- rjawilJust be careful you don’t slip on that floor holding him 😏
- marcpelosiFinally a boy 😂👌🏽
- foalsyHaha! He’s lucky to be surrounded by cute sisters who look after him @stevengerrard