This article is published by Football.com. Please contact Football.com if you think this content is appropriate and should be removed from this page.
Adebayor still wanted at Spurs
Oct 24, 2012 3:16 PM GMT
Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas insists that Emmanuel Adebayor remains part of his plans at the Premier League club.
Speculation suggested the 28-year-old has grown frustrated at falling behind Jermain Defoe in the pecking order and could seek a move away in January after failing to start a game since completing his permanent move from Manchester City.
However, Villas-Boas praised Adebayor's displays when coming off the bench and assured him that his opportunities will arrive over the coming weeks.
"Obviously, every player wants to play, at the moment we are using the structure of one striker and Defoe has been doing extremely well," the Spurs coach told Sky Sports News.
"I think Ade has done extremely well in the games where he has come in for the squad, certainly he is in contention for games where we play with two strikers.
"At the moment we haven't found the comfort in that formation yet but in the future, when we use it, when we rotate the strikers, he will be back in contention."
The former Chelsea manager downplayed suggestions that Adebayor wants out.
"No, I don't think so. I don't think the club will be willing to let anyone go," he said.
Adebayor scored 17 times last season while on loan at White Hart Lane but has yet to find the back of the net so far in 2012-13.