FC Admira Wacker Mödling, often known simply as Admira, was founded in 1905 under the name SK Admira Vienna. Originally located in the capital city of Vienna, the club has merged with three other teams since, in order to get its current name and move to its current location, in Mödling. The teams which now make up Admira Wacker Mödling have won several major domestic honours throughout history.
During the 1960s, SK Admira Vienna entered into a sponsorship agreement with the energy supplier, NEWAG/NIOGAS. However, later in the decade, financial scandals within the company led to an end to this agreement, leaving Admira Wien with serious funding issues. As a result, they agreed to merge with another team from the city, SC Wacker Vienna, who had experienced on-the-field problems, including multiple relegations. Later, in 1997, more financial problems led to a merger with VfB Mödling. Then finally, in 2008, they merged with SK Schwadorf, after Richard Trenkwalder bought both clubs.
Over the years, Admira Vienna and Wacker Vienna both enjoyed significant success. Admira Vienna won a total of eight Austrian league titles, with their most successful period coming during the 1930s. In addition, they lifted the Austrian Cup on five occasions, completing league and cup doubles in 1928, 1932, 1934 and 1966. Meanwhile, Wacker Vienna won both the league and Austrian Cup in 1947, completing a domestic double of their own. In 1989, the combined Admira/Wacker Vienna team finished as league runners up and went on to win the Austrian Supercup later in the year.
The team's home matches are held at the NSRC Arena, which first opened back in 1967. The venue, which was previously known as Bundesstadion Südstadt and Trenkwalder Arena, underwent major renovations in 2008. As a result, it is now able to hold around 12,000 spectators.