Allegri rules out Robinho exit
By Football News
Massimiliano Allegri has rejected speculation linking Robinho with a January exit from AC Milan.
The Brazilian has been struggling for form so far this season, and has since been linked with a move to hometown club Santos.
However, the former Cagliari boss has been happy with his player's performances in recent weeks, and sees him as an integral part of his squad for the rest of the campaign.
"Robinho is finding his form and it is normal that clubs around the world would want him," Allegri told reporters.
"It is evidence of his good performances, but he will remain an important player for Milan for the second half of the season."
Milan take on Reggina in the Coppa Italia on Thursday, and the 45-year-old Allegri is hoping for a good run in the competition this season.
"For us it is important to go as far as we can in the Coppa Italia," he said.
"In the early rounds nobody cares all that much, but if you win it your name goes down in the annals of history."
Reflecting on the recent upturn in Milan's league form, Allegri said: "We want to finish this calendar year as close to first place as possible."