This article is published by Football.com. Please contact Football.com if you think this content is appropriate and should be removed from this page.
Celtic reject third Norwich bid for Hooper
Jan 31, 2013 5:56 PM GMT
Celtic manager Neil Lennon says the club have received a third offer from Norwich for striker Gary Hooper which has since been turned down.
Chris Hughton, the Norwich manager, has made no secret of his desire to add more depth to his attacking options, with the club having signed Leeds forward Luciano Becchio on Thursday.
Despite already seeing two bids rejected for the 25-year-old this window, with Lennon previously hinting it could take an offer upwards of six million pounds to prise him away, he said Norwich had since been back a third time for the club's top scorer this season.
"I think Norwich came in with a third bid yesterday and it was rejected," Lennon said.
"They were well short. We don't have a price on Gary, but the bid that was put in yesterday was well short.
"All I can say is if a deal can be done, we may get offered players and people may ring up about our players – that's the way transfer deadline day works."
Hooper has just 18 months left to run on his deal and has been offered an extended contract, but remains reluctant to commit himself to the club long-term.