This article is published by Football.com. Please contact Football.com if you think this content is appropriate and should be removed from this page.
Cesar feeling guilty over Hughes sacking
Dec 08, 2012 3:56 PM GMT
QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar says he feels 'guilty' about Mark Hughes' sacking from the club.
Hughes was given his marching orders last month after overseeing a run of 12 games without a win, with former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp brought in to replace the Welshman.
While QPR are still without a win and remain bottom of the Premier League table after 15 games, they have picked up points in their past two fixtures with draws against Sunderland and Aston Villa.
However, Cesar says he feels guilty about the way his former boss departed Loftus Road but adds that results dictated he would have to leave the club and believes the players must take some of the blame for the club's poor form.
"Mark is a good person and I'm so sad about the situation which has happened to him," the Brazilian said.
"When the team don't win and results aren't right the coach is the first person to pay but I feel guilty about this.
"The players go on the pitch and everybody has a percentage of fault. It was not a big surprise that Mark Hughes got sacked, it was normal.
"If you go 13 games without a win it's very difficult for a coach to stay.
"He was a good coach with good ideas. But what happened to him has happened to many coaches throughout the world."