CiaranG's Paper Talk
May 14, 2014 11:18 AM BST
- Arsenal and Manchester City are considering a 29m move for Real Madrid forward Angel di Maria, 26.
- Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana, 26, may have to put in a transfer request if he wants to complete a move to Liverpool before the World Cup.
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger would be willing to pay 24m to beat Juventus to the signing of Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez, 25.
- Roma have joined Fiorentina and Chelsea in the race to sign Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira, 27.
- Chelsea want to sign Hoffenheim attacker Roberto Firmino, 22, this summer to team up with fellow transfer target Diego Costa, 25.
- Swansea boss Garry Monk warns Arsenal and Everton that striker Wilfried Bony, 25, will only be sold for an "astronomical" fee.
- Louis van Gaal could bring Feyenoord and Holland defender Bruno Martins Indi with him to Manchester United as he looks to replace departing centre-back duo Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand.
- Barcelona's Javier Mascherano has opened the door on a sensational return to Liverpool, four years after he left Anfield for the Nou Camp.
- Norwich keeper John Ruddy, 27, says England boss Roy Hodgson has made "a bad call" by leaving him out of the World Cup squad.
- Hull boss Steve Bruce is considering a move for 35-year-old former England defender Rio Ferdinand, who will leave Manchester United at the end of the season.
- Celtic boss Neil Lennon is ready to quit the Scottish Premiership champions to take charge at Norwich as they prepare for the Championship.
- Ryan Giggs wants to carry on playing for Manchester United and join new manager Louis van Gaal's coaching team.
- Mauricio Pochettino is Tottenham's No.1 choice to replace axed Tim Sherwood.
- Malaga are interested in a 6million deal for Leeds United captain Ross McCormack.
- Chelsea will turn their attention to securing the future of Frank Lampard after confirming John Terry has signed a new 12-month contract.
- Bruno Martins Indi and Matts Hummels have been identified by Manchester United as potential replacements for veteran pair Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic.
- Stoke City are ready to reward midfielder Glenn Whelan with a new three-year contract.
- Former England midfielder Joe Cole, 32, will take his time to think over his next move after being released by West Ham.
- Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane thinks defenders Chris Smalling, 24 and Phil Jones, 22, have regressed over the last two years.
- Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is keen to offer midfielder Frank Lampard, 35, a new contract at Stamford Bridge
- Djibril Cisse's eight-year-old son, Cassius, has rejected Liverpool, Manchester United and Everton in favour of Crewe Alexandra.