DannyC
Author

Premiership Preview: Final Day 2013/14 (Part 1)

May 09, 2014 10:37 PM GMT

Its almost that time of year again, where we wave goodbye to the premier league season and say hello to the great British summer.
Anyways, myself and Ciaran G have created this preview piece ahead of the premier leagues final round of fixtures, so we hope you enjoy our preview of each game and join in with our own predictions by posting yours below in the comments.

Cardiff v Chelsea

Ciaran:
Cardiff 0 - 3 Chelsea - Due to Cardiff being in a slump of form the past couple of weeks, I can only see Chelsea taking advantage of it and with the attack force behind them I see no reason why they cant dominate a out of form Cardiff team.

Danny: 
Cardiff 1 - 2 Chelsea - I have a gut feeling recently relegated Cardiff are going to put up a fight in front of their home fans. As Chelsea now have nothing really to play for as they can only at best get second place if Liverpool fail to pick up any points against Newcastle. I feel Cardiff like the other two already relegated clubs will want to finish off their somewhat disappointing campaign with a bang however Chelsea have quality in abundance and I just can't see Cardiff scoring more than one goal against Chelsea. 

Fulham v Crystal Palace

Ciaran:
Fulham 0 - 2 Crystal Palace Fulham have never really shown any potential this season and deservedly have been relegated where as newly promoted Crystal Palace have impressed a lot of people this season, more so the second half and I see them grabbing the 3 points while keeping a clean sheet against a poor Fulham squad.

Danny: 
Fulham 0 - 3 Crystal Palace - Crystal Palace have really been the wild cards this season, as many people including myself had them written off since the moment they entered the premier league. Palace staged an exceptional recovery on monday night against Liverpool and will use that as great motivation going into this fixture. Fulham on the other hand have had a season to forget and will be wishing to get things back on track ahead of next seasons new challenge in the division below. I have gone with a Palace 3-0 win because they have recently hit a bit of form and I think they will continue this at their visit to Craven Cottage. 

Hull v Everton

Ciaran:
Hull 1 - 2 Everton - Hull are that one team that make their opponents struggle and you have to be performing to the best of your abilities to get a gracious result against them and with the form Everton have been on and the season they have had, I see Everton racking up the 3 points going into their final game.

Danny: 
Hull 1 - 1 Everton - Unlike Ciaran I have gone for a draw here in the clash between Hull and Everton. I feel both teams again have little to play for as Everton can longer make it into the top four and Hull have the FA Cup final the following week more in mind. To me this game has draw written all of it but who knows with Jelavic set to play against his former club this game may be packed with goals, who knows.

Liverpool v Newcastle

Ciaran:
Liverpool 2 - 1 Newcastle - Liverpool will be fighting with everything they have got to defeat Newcastle and potentially become the Premier League Champions, but with all that pressure going into this final game, I wouldn't be surprised to see them crack at one stage and even concede a sloppy goal against their challengers.

Danny: 
Liverpool 4 - 0 Newcastle -Liverpool simply must win this game if they wish to stand a chance of being crowned premier league champions. They face a mixed Newcastle side who have shown the good and the bad this season and their main problem has been a lack of consistency. I think Liverpool's desire to win in front of the Kop will drive them forward, the big question for me is will the result be enough to see them finish an excellent season on a high?

Man City v West Ham

Ciaran:
Man City 2 - 1 West Ham - Alike Liverpool, Manchester City will be fighting it out so that they can be called the Champions of the Premier League once again, but don't count out West Ham to surprise a few faces and pull off a surprise goal or two, the only chance West Ham have in this game is to defend and counter against the strong City team.

Danny: 
Man City 2 - 1 West Ham - This is make or break time for Manchester City. They have been in this position before a coupe of years back and almost blew it. Now the pressure and expectancy will be greater than ever before as even a draw would seem them crowned champions. However like the QPR game a couple of years ago, I think they will be in for a tough ride against West Ham who despite being accused of playing '19th century football' by Mourinho have had a fairly mediocre season. I feel West Ham will set up to counter attack and utilise Carrol's aerial presence and will at least nick a goal however, I can't see the hammers defence holding out for the whole 90 minutes against a very talented Manchester City side hence why I have gone with the home side to nick it and consequently be crowned champions.     

I hope you enjoyed part one of our little preview piece and we would like your score predictions too, just post them in the comments section. 

Check out CiaranG's blog (https://www.football.com/en-gb/community/blogs/8d091a50-aca8-59d5-8571-e8133e11e0f4/

The second part will be released Tomorrow