Football News

CSL Wrap: Guangzhou match one, Shandong slip up

Created on 03 Jul., 2013 5:15 PM GMT

Guangzhou Evergrande built an 11-point lead at the top of the Chinese Super League after recording a 4-1 win at Wuhan Zall on Monday.

Marcello Lippi's men stretched their unbeaten run to 15 matches with a superb performance, scoring three goals in the first 11 minutes as they eased to another three points.

Brazilian striker Muriqui gave the visitors the lead in the first minute before a penalty from Dario Conca and a strike from the division's top scorer Elkeson put the game out of reach.

Chukwuma Akabueze narrowed the gap for relegation-threatened Wuhan but they could not mount a comeback, Zhang Linpeng wrapping up the win for Evergrande with 10 minutes of normal time remaining.

Lippi's side increased their advantage at the top by virtue of nearest challengers Shandong Luneng's 1-1 draw with Guizhou Renhe on Sunday.

Lebanese forward Roda Antar gave Shandong the lead after 47 minutes but Rafa Jorda replied two minutes later to earn a point for the visitors, who stay third.

Beijing Guoan's hopes of an AFC Champions League place were dealt a blow on Saturday as they could only draw at Qingdao Jonoon, Zhang Xinxin netting the equaliser after Zou Zheng had given the hosts the lead.

Changchun Yatai gave their survival chances a boost  with a surprise 1-0 win over Liaoning Whowin on Sunday, striker Zhang Wenzhao's third-minute goal enough to earn them the spoils.

Fellow strugglers Tianjin Teda moved off the bottom as a strike from midfielder Dinelson saw them overcome Shanghai Shenxin.

A late effort from Lu Wenjun gave Shanghai SIPG a 2-1 success over Jiangsu Sainty on Saturday. The striker finding the winner four minutes from time after Aleksandar Jevtic had cancelled out Wu Lei's earlier strike.

Shanghai Shenhua notched their ninth draw of the season against Guangzhou R&F, but needed a penalty from Firas Al Khatib just before half-time to take a share of the spoils after Rafael Coelho had put the visitors in front.

The game of the round was in Hangzhou however, as Peter Utaka scored four goals to give Dalian Aerbin a 4-3 victory.

Davy-Claude Angan struck the opener for Hangzhou after 34 minutes before Utaka levelled five minutes later.

Chen Zhongliu restored the hosts lead just before the break, but Nigerian Utaka was there again in stoppage time to send the sides into the interval all square.

Angan netted his second two minutes into the second half, but Utaka refused to be denied and notched his hat-trick after 73 minutes following Tang Jiashu's dismissal for Hangzhou.

That looked like it would be the final act of the contest, but Utaka had designs on a dramatic finale, hitting the winner four minutes into added time to seal triumph for Dalian.

Loading ...