Enosis Neon Paralimni Football Club, usually known more simply as Enosis, was founded in April 1944, as a result of a merger between two previously existing clubs, People's Love and Heracles. However, the club consider their foundation date to be 1936, the year Heracles was first established and the new team is officially considered to be a continuation of that club. Over the years, Enosis have established themselves as a top tier side, able to challege for major honours, although they are yet to win a major title.
During the club's early years, they primarily competed in friendly matches and small, local competitions. Due to the club being based in a village, they were repeatedly denied entry into the Cypriot Football Association, who insisted that all member clubs were based in towns or cities. As a result, Enosis competed in the EAPO during the early 1960s, until the Football Association changed its policy in 1965 and granted the club entry.
Upon entering the league system, Enosis were initially placed into the Second Division. However, they immediately began to push for promotion to the top tier and this goal was eventually achieved at the conclusion of the 1968-69 season, when the team finished as Second Division champions. Since gaining promotion, Enosis have been ever-present in the top flight and have occasionally challenged for major honours. They have been runners up in the Cypriot Cup on four occasions and were runners up in the First Division in the 1974-75 season. In both 1981 and 1983, they were also runners up in the Super Cup.
Enosis' home matches are played at Paralimni Municipal Stadium "Tasos Markou", which is often referred to as Paralimni Stadium. The venue opened its doors in 1996 and is currently able to hold a capacity crowd of 5,800 people.