Fellaini: No plans to join Manchester United
By Football News
Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini has dismissed reports linking with a move to Manchester United.
With former manager David Moyes moving to Old Trafford, Fellaini had been tipped to join him in making the switch from Goodison Park but the Belgian insists he has heard nothing of an offer.
"He (Moyes) never told me he planned to take me to United. Rumours are part of football and I take them with a pinch of salt," the Belgian international said after his country's 4-2 win over USA on Wednesday.
"Everyone likes that question about Manchester United, but I know of nothing.
"We're talking about one of the biggest clubs in England, the framework is in place and the manager's departure doesn't change anything."
Everton will not feature in continental competition next season after a sixth-placed Premier League finish and Fellaini admitted he is hoping to play in the UEFA Champions league again after turning out in the competition previously for Standard Liege.
"I do miss playing in the Champions League but we deserved to win a place in it this year," he added.
"We were unlucky Spurs had a good season as well. But it's clear I am very happy where I am."