This article is published by Football.com. Please contact Football.scom if you think this content is appropriate and should be removed from this page.
Kean still in charge of Blackburn - for now
Created on 25 Sept., 2012 10:19 PM GMT
Steve Kean is to remain as Blackburn Rovers manager for the weekend but uncertainty remains over his long-term future. Reports had suggested that Kean had been sacked on Monday after failing to match the club's 16-point target after seven games, however, he is yet to be relieved of his duties.
When Blackburn's global advisor Shebby Singh was asked about Kean's long term future he told BBC Sport: "No comment."
Singh also told BBC Radio Lancashire that the situation at Ewood Park was worsening 'by the day' and increasing rumours about the manager's status prompted his intervention.
He added: "We have people heading up different departments whose responsibility it is to step in but unfortunately it escalated at such a fast pace that, before you know what happened, it hits you in the face.
"It should not have been allowed to escalate like that but it did and the situation gets worse by the day."
Despite Rovers' relatively good start to life in the Championship, discontent continues to swirl around Ewood Park, where a crowd of just over 13,000 fans attended their clash with Middlesbrough on Friday, more than 9,000 below their average attendance last season.
Singh added: "Financially now it is not a good situation because the fans are staying away. The club needs revenue to survive.
"I guess with having played seven games now I think it is a situation which is not a very pleasant one and I suppose it is my bosses, the owners of the club (Venky's), who have to make an assessment."