Mancini calls Stramaccioni a 'revelation'
Two goals from Rodrigo Palacio and one from Fredy Guarin were enough to secure a 3-1 win against Partizan Belgrade in the Europa League on Thursday night, which continued the Nerazzurri's impressive form on their travels.
The City coach, who left San Siro in May 2008, was quick to congratulate his former side and their current boss after their efforts - a feat which was achieved by Mancini in the 2006-07 season.
"Both he and Inter deserve it," Mancini said, when asked how he felt about his record being broken.
"Andrea is young and emerging, which has been a revelation for the team in the first part of the season. At the beginning of the season his football was shown to work well and the results prove that he was right."
Inter, who face Atalanta on Sunday, still have some way to go to match the record-breaking 17-game winning streak in Serie A that Mancini's side accomplished six seasons ago.
However, the Nerazzurri have enjoyed a successful start under 36-year-old Stramaccioni and currently sit in second in the table behind Juventus.
Stramaccioni, meanwhile, has hailed Mario Balotelli as a 'player of great quality', but refused to reveal whether his club would be making a bid for the Manchester City forward in January.
The Italian striker has struggled to secure a regular place in the Premier League champions' starting XI this season and missed out completely in Sunday's clash against Tottenham.
Despite a number of controversial incidents during the 2012-12 season Mancini opted not to sell Balotelli during the summer, although rumours of a switch back to his former club are gathering pace.
"He's a player of great quality, a striker which in the last Euro tournament proved his value and has cemented himself in the Italy team. But that's not a new thing," Stramaccioni said on Saturday.
The Italian striker was in scintillating form during Euro 2012, scoring three times and starring against Germany with two goals in the semi-final.
Despite that form, Balotelli has been unable to oust Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero, who have been Mancini's preferred combination so far this term.
Although Stramaccioni has not discussed any potential deal for the player - who spent over three years at Inter before leaving for the Etihad Stadium - he suggested he would be bringing in players during the January transfer window to improve his options.
"Transfers? This squad is okay for me, I'm happy with it and I will not talk about (potential players) until January," he said.