This article is published by Football.com. Please contact Football.com if you think this content is appropriate and should be removed from this page.
Nicolita hesitates over Fulham deal
Jan 07, 2013 9:23 AM GMT
Fulham target Banel Nicolita has denied that a move to the west London club is imminent.
The Romania international winger has been linked with a move to Craven Cottage ever since the summer transfer window.
But Nioloita has refused to rule out a potential move to the Premier League in the future.
However, after suffering huge injury problems this season for Ligue 1 outfit Saint-Étienne, the 27-year-old believes his first target should be returning to first-team action for his current club before thinking of moves away from the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard.
"I don't know anything about this transfer but as far as I know there are no reasons why I couldn't leave," Nicolita told Dolce Sport.
"When I get back to France I will have a discussion with the bosses from the team if I am supposed to have a discussion. If not, I will prepare as well as I have done so far."
The former Steaua Bucharest wideman has been capped 34 times by his country and scored three goals from 19 appearances in all competition for his current side last season.
"I would like to play in England because it is a strong championship but at the moment I like being at Saint Etienne," Nicolita said.
"My aim is to recover and get into the first team. That's the most important for me at the moment."