Nuremberg sack Wiesinger after poor start
Nuremberg have reacted to Sunday's 5-0 home loss to Hamburg by sacking head coach Michael Wiesinger.
Wiesinger, 40, becomes the third Bundesliga boss sacked this season, with Nuremberg's board furious at their poor start to the campaign.
They have failed to win one of their eight league matches and lie 16th in the table, with Sunday's loss particularly poor as they conceded four goals in the space of 15 second-half minutes.
Nuremberg sporting director Martin Bader said the decision to remove Wiesinger was necessary as they bid to halt their poor run of form.
Bader told the Bundesliga's official website: "After the 5-0 loss against Hamburg, a detailed review of our season so far and intensive discussions, we have come to the decision that this is a necessary step."
Wiesinger's assistant, Armin Reutershahn, has also been sacked by the club.
Reserve coach Roger Prinzen will take charge of Nuremberg on an interim basis while they search for a new manager.
Nuremberg's next match will see them visit Eintracht Frankfurt on October 19.