Pardew concedes possible Ba departure
Newcastle United striker, Demba Ba was left out of the starting line-up for Newcastle's 2-2 draw with Everton on Monday before coming on as a substitute and netting twice to salvage a point for his side.
However, there has been tension behind the scenes with the striker frustrated with his role at the club.
Magpies boss, Alan Pardew revealed that Ba's release clause of seven million pounds that was previously assumed to have expired is still active.
"There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable," Pardew told reporters.
"It's still open in the next window."
The 27-year-old finished as the club's top goalscorer last season with 16 strikes but became an ancillary once the Tyneside club signed Papiss Cisse in January.
Ba's agent said earlier in the week that the Senagal international was unsettled at St James' Park and Pardew revealed he has spoken with the striker about the comments.
"I have spoken to Demba and told him I was disappointed with some of the comments around him," Pardew said.
"Sometimes it's out of his control and out of my control.
"But we know each other well enough, and I've got no problems with him, because he is a team player who wants to do his best for the team. He has always been like that.
"I just think the agent stuff was people saying things they shouldn't say, really. It doesn't really affect myself and Demba, because we've got a very good relationship."