Queens Park Rangers

Founded In
London, England

Queens Park Rangers

About Queens Park Rangers

Queens Park Rangers Football Club better known as QPR was founded in 1886 after a merger between Christchurch Rangers and St. Judes Institute. The club is based in West London and participates in heated local West London derbies with Chelsea, Fulham FC and Brentford.

QPR have only one major honor to their name and that is the League Cup that was won in 1967. Their highest finish in the top flight of English football was second in 1976 when they missed out on the title by a single point to Liverpool.

In 1981 they were the first English side to ever have an artificial pitch installed. This experiment lasted seven years until grass was brought back into Loftus Road.

QPR played in 16 different stadiums before settling on Loftus Road in 1917. The stadium is the smallest in the English Premier League with a capacity of 18,500. The record crowd for the club was 35,353 for a match against Leeds United in 1974.

Major Honours

League Cup 1967