Balotelli: I'm really sorry
Milan striker Mario Balotelli has apologised to his team-mates and referee Luca Banti for his behaviour in Sunday's loss at Napoli.
The 23-year-old forward was given a straight red card after the final whistle of Milan's 2-1 defeat at San Siro for abusing Banti.
Balotelli had earlier missed a penalty – his first failure to score from the spot in his career – and picked up a yellow card, while he also scored a late consolation goal.
The Italian was suspended for three matches for his conduct and expressed his disappointment in his actions on Thursday.
Balotelli told Sky Sports 24: "I'm really sorry for my team-mates, who train with me and give their best every single day.
"I'm sorry mainly for them. I also apologise to the fans, who really are amazing and the club itself. The referee, you say? I apologise to him as well for the words I've said.
"I shouldn't have reacted that way. It's just that with Napoli was the same old story: every time I'm fouled it doesn't matter but if I do half a thing, God forbid!
"I know I should be more calm and hold tight in certain situations. I made a mistake, I was provoked and I fell for it.
"Mario has made a mistake and now Mario apologies to everyone."
Balotelli has scored five goals in eight matches in all competitions for Milan this season.