Dan Harralson
Author

Auburn Signs Another 5-Star Back In Jovon Robinson

May 15, 2014 10:44 AM EST

5-star and No. 1 ranked junior college prospect  (24/7Sports) RB Jovon Robinson of Georgia Military College has committed to the Auburn Tigers. The commitment allows for Auburn's 2015 backfield to showcase Roc Thomas, Jovon Robinson, Kerryon Johnson and Peyton Barber.

The 5-feet-11, 215-pound Robinson set a junior college record with 2,387 rushing yards and 34 touchdowns on 272 carries in 2013, and was named the NJCAA Offensive Player of the Year.

“I have taken visits and evaluated every school that offered me the opportunity to be a part of their program, and after careful thought and consideration, I have chosen to verbally commit to Auburn University," Robinson said in a release. 

"I have a long relationship with coach Gus Malzahn, and have developed a strong bond with assistant coaches Rhett Lashlee and Tim Horton, who did an outstanding job recruiting me. I want to thank all of the schools and coaches that recruited me. The people I have met during this process have really inspired me and kept me focused. I am excited to have this important decision out of the way so that I can focus completely on the upcoming season at Georgia Military College, and accomplishing our goal of winning a National Championship."

The good news is that Robinson will be a December graduate and will be able to participate in spring practices.