Dan Harralson
Author

Deondre Francois Talks Top School Choices

Jun 04, 2014 5:09 PM EST

Welcome to June - and rising upcoming college stars to their senior year of high school.

One prospect, who is an Under Armour All-American and will participate in The Opening next month, is quarterback Deondre Francois.

Francois of IMG Academy in Orlando has Florida State, Auburn, Oregon and Tennessee atop of his list.

I sat down with the rising upcoming senior prospect today - before his busy schedule within the next month.

Francois will participate in the Rivals Challenge starting this weekend in Baltimore.

After the weekend event in Baltimore, Francois will then make time and visit schools. June 16 will showcase the IMG Academy signal caller to Tennessee.

Francois was originally slated to announce his college commitment at The Opening, which showcases the nation's top 162 high school football players selected by Student Sports after film evaluation and/or in-person evaluation, which will take place at the begining of July and will be televised on ESPNU.

But the college football nation will have to wait until after The Opening now to find out where he will be playing collegiately. Francois told me before he announced on Twitter that he has pushed back his timetable of making an announcement. "I changed my mind until after The Opening," Francois said.

So what allows Francois to stand out on the football field? He passed for 1,373 yards alongside 18 TDs through the air as a junior and has a strong arm and good field vision. Take a look:

http://youtu.be/KTGfKJNov7s

If you've watched his game tapes, he reminds you as a Jameis Winston-type - if not better. "I think I play like a mixture of Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and with a little bit of Dan Marino," Francois said.

Francois' Thoughts On His Top Teams

Florida State - "Jimbo is one of favorites of them all. Just what he does with his quaterbacks, I can't really go wrong with Florida State. It's close to home and Jameis Winston will be there one more year. Really I can't go wrong with Florida State, can't go wrong with Auburn, Tennessee or Oregon. I'll just have to make my decision and go from there."

Oregon - "I've talked to Coach Helfrich a little bit, he wants me to come for a visit. It's just far from home."

Auburn - "He (Malzahn) wants me to come in and take over and compete for the starting job with Sean White."

Tennessee - "Butch Jones is a great coach and a great guy. He wants me on campus soon and I'm excited."