[object Object]
Author

Tennessee Spring Ball: Practice #3

Mar 11, 2014 10:25 PM EST

Spring practice number three took place on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon at Haslam Field.

The Vols were in pads for the first time this spring after being in shells during the first two practices.

Here is a quick video of early enrollee freshman Jalen Hurd during today's practice:
http://youtu.be/ucjWg_eFFCU

Quotes After Practice

Butch Jones

"First day of pads - It was pretty evident we have a lot of work to do. I thought we showed our youth today."

"Consistency, everyday there can be no bad days. Bad days in college football take you away from your dreams, goals, aspirations."

A.J. Johnson 

"It was great to get out and hit today."

"We teach everyday and help the younger guys. Being a leader is a role that I am in."

"It was better for me to come back for my senior year. You only get a certain amount of time you get to play at Tennessee."

"I want to win a championship, I love Tennessee, who would want to leave Tennessee when you have a year left."

"Coach Jones wanted me to come back, but he wasn't bugging me about it. He gave me my space."

The Vols are back on the practice field Thursday for their fourth of 15 spring practices. Here is the entire 2014 spring schedule:

Friday, March 7 4:20 PM 
Saturday, March 8 10:45 AM 
Tuesday, March 11 4:20 PM 
Thursday, March 13 4:20 PM 
Friday, March 14 4:20 PM 
Thursday, March 27 4:20 PM 
Saturday, March 29 10:45 AM 
Sunday, March 30 10:45 AM 
Tuesday, April 1 4:20 PM 
Thursday, April 3 4:20 PM 
Saturday, April 5 10:45 AM 
Monday, April 7 4:20 PM