Football.com - everything football

Titans Training Camp: Practice No. 10

by Dan Harralson
Aug 08, 2014 7:45 AM EDT

KEN WHISENHUNT AFTER PRACTICE
(On expectations against Green Bay)
There’re a lot of things. You always want to win. We haven’t done anything yet, so it would be nice to get a win. There’s so much going on with this first game, and we haven’t ever done it before, so I’d like to see them not make a lot of mistakes, play hard, tackle well, score a lot of touchdowns, do great, kick every field goal, kick them in the end zone, return it for a couple of touchdowns. That’s it.
(On the offensive line against the Packers defense)
You’re always excited to see your guys play together. This is our first action in a game, so there’re a lot of things that you want to see.
(On practicing with crowd noise)
Second time doing it; we’re still going to continue to do it. We worked a little bit longer with it today. We’ll do it again next week, too, just trying to prepare us as much as we can for the season opener. Hopefully, when you get into that situation in the first game, we’ll be well enough prepared that we’ll minimize our mistakes.
(On the first game compared to practices)
The speed of the game will be a little bit different. We’ve had a couple of live snaps in practice, but even then, I don’t know if you can simulate what it will be like in the game. That’s all part of the process. That’s why you’re glad that you have the preseason games.
(On his first game as the Titans head coach)
There’s no question, I’m going to be excited about it. I think that anytime you get a chance to do that. This is a new situation for me. I’m really excited about it. Our guys are working hard. The fans have been fantastic when I’ve been out and seeing people. I know it’s a preseason game, and it will probably be a little bit different four weeks from now when we play the regular season, but it’s fun. We’ve got so many questions that we have to get through the process of trying to answer before we pick our 53, and this is the first step. Naturally, you’re going to be excited.
(On experimenting with extra points being long)
If it’s no time left of the clock and you need the extra point to tie the game, no I don’t want it to be at the 15. I don’t know how I’ll feel about it. It’s probably good for us because we’ve got two young kickers. We get a chance to find out more information on them.
(On starters’ playing time on Saturday)
I really don’t know. I’ve done it by quarters, I’ve done it by plays, I’ve done it by different things. That’s something that we’ll probably talk about as a staff tomorrow night or maybe even Saturday morning.