Football.com - everything football

Tennessee Fall Camp: Practice No. 10 & 11

by Dan Harralson
Aug 11, 2014 9:35 PM EDT

The Vols continued fall camp Monday with a practice in the morning and in the evening.

The morning session was capped off with head coach Butch Jones addressing the quarterback situation. “We are getting closer to naming a starting quarterback,” Jones said. “I’m going to go back and forth and watch the film this morning, a little bit tonight.

"But I expect if things go the way they’ve been going, we’ll name a starting quarterback at some point this week. But again, I’m not setting any time frames. If it happens, it happens. There are no deadlines.”

Also, four Tennessee freshman had their black stripes removed from their helmets Monday. Derek Barnett, Jalen Hurd, Emmanuel Moseley and Ethan Wolf had their black stripes taken off their helmets.

"That is the other exciting thing today," said Jones. "Those four individuals have earned the right to have their stripes taken off. It is something that they will remember forever in their Tennessee careers and when your peers elect to have your stripe taken off, that is a pretty big deal. So very deservingly so."

The night session of practice was moved indoors due to bad weather and here are some highlights:

Former NFL head coach Jerry Glanville also made an appearance at practice: