Dan Harralson
Author

Tennessee Fall Camp: Practice No. 14

Aug 15, 2014 1:22 PM EST

A day after head coach Butch Jones named Justin Worley the starting quarterback, Team 118 hit the practice field once again during fall camp.

The Vols have one more week before it's game week and full focus will be in preparation for Utah State.

Jones made comments after practice – and here is what he had to say:

"I thought Justin Worley came out and had a good practice. A starting QB is like a pitcher, leading your team to victory."

"I thought Justin [Worley] came out and had a good day at practice," said Jones. "You know, when you look at his body of work, also I think we seem to forget that in games last year that he started and finished, he went 4-2."

(On Jakob Johnson playing D-line or linebacker) "We have to find the best fit for him. His strength is his ability to run and hit. He plays with great instincts."

(On open practice) "It's critical for everyone. We need to see who our kicker is going to be and it's important for all evaluations."

"We need as much flexibility as possible on the O-line. Every rep they take is important but we need to continue recruiting O-line."

(On Curt Maggitt) "He rolled his ankle a few days ago, but it's all precautionary. He's doing walk-throughs but will not play tommorrow night."

The fifth member of Team 118 earned the right to have his stripe removed.
"Jashon Robertson had his stripe removed today in the team meeting room, so that was great for him," Jones said.