Dan Harralson
Author

Tennessee Spring Ball: Practice #12

Apr 08, 2014 9:50 PM EST

Team 118 enters the final week of spring practice, which will conclude with the Orange and White game Saturday.

Tuesday's practice had the hall-of-fame and national championship coach Phillip Fulmer in attendance. The former Tennessee head coach and player took in practice on a beautiful day at Haslam Field.

Justin Worley was the quarterback with the first-team, while Riley Ferguson got the second-team reps.

Early enrollee freshman Jakob Johnson continues to work at defensive end. The Germany native came in as a linebacker.

Quotes

Butch Jones

"I really liked our mental effort and intensity today. We maximized our potential. The players really competed."

On moving the home opener to Sunday, August 31: "We are excited to play on Sunday. It's a great day for the city and the state."

Willie Martinez (Defensive Backs Coach)

"We have been giving Coleman more reps at the nickel. Emmanuel Moseley has been able to play with energy and enthusiasm."

John Jancek (Defensive Coordinator)

"Dimarya Mixon is not the size we need right now, but he is continuing to get bigger and will help us down the road."

"Curt Maggitt gives us an element we haven't had with his play and his leadership. We will stand him up and move him around."

Mike Bajakian (Offensive Coordinator)

"Tight ends allow for multiplicity, the freshmen TEs have surprised me. They have played at a level of physicality that pleases me."

"We are making too many mistakes and missing too many open receivers. It would be ideal to have a clear cut starter at quarterback."

"(Marquez) North from Day 1 has had a mature approach. He works really hard and wants to be great. He is developing consistency."

"I love the consistency that Mack Crowder has shown at center."

"We have moved (Josh) Malone around. He is growing and developing at the level we need in this offense."