The Race for a Quarterback: The University of Tennessee

Created on Jun. 05, 2014 12:51 AM EST

With the recent departure of Tennessee quarterback Riley Ferguson, the Vols are now in desperate need of a long term quarterback for their 2015 class. Justin Worley will most likely get the start at quarterback for the Vols in the upcoming season. Behind Worley are sophomore quarterbacks Josh Dobbs and Nathan Peterman. Peterman and Dobb's career stats combined are 740 passing yards, 2 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions. Don't get me wrong, Dobbs had an excellent spring game but, I have yet to see that in game situations. Peterman still has yet to live up to the hype coming out of high school and has struggled at times. With the Vols in good shape with several quarterbacks in the 2015 class, it definitely will ease the pain of Ferguson. Tennessee already has 4 star athlete Jauan Jennings committed as a quarterback but, he will most likely play safety at the next level. Top QB and 4 star Deondre Francois has Tennessee in his top 4 and will announce at the prestigious event The Opening. 5 star dual-threat quarterback Torrance Gibson has us tied with Auburn as his co-leaders and will visit Tennessee for the Gruden camp this weekend. Gibson has recently said he doesn't plan on announcing till after his senior season. The Vols have also recently offered 4 star Quinten Dormady, who has expressed interest. With all the talent at the receiver position, its hard to imagine why quarterbacks aren't banging down doors. I trust Coach Jones to get the job done because Butch Gets It.