This article is published by Football.com. Please contact Football.com if you think this content is appropriate and should be removed from this page.
Galliani: Milan rejected huge offer for El Shaarawy
Jul 08, 2013 4:07 PM EST
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani claims that the club turned down an offer of more than €30 million for Stephan El Shaarawy.
The 20-year-old has been linked with several suitors across Europe during the close-season, with Premier League clubs Manchester City and Chelsea both thought to be interested in the player.
However, the Serie A side confirmed last week that they are not looking to sell one of their prize assets, with Galliani now revealing that a bid has already been rejected for the Italy international.
"What we hadn't told anyone was that we received a very big offer for El Shaarawy, but I will never name the club involved," he told 7 Gold Television.
"It is a very important club, though.
"I informed the player's agent and as soon as he returned from the Confederations Cup I spoke to Stephan. We did not want to sell him, so we simply informed the player and his family that the proposal had arrived for him.
"I asked him what he wanted to do. He said the money he had was more than sufficient, that he is a Milan fan and did not want to leave.
"We were not tempted by the offer, but we couldn't exactly hide it from him.
"He saw the figures, but did not want to budge. How big was the offer? More than €30 million."