José Mourinho's Top 10 Quotes
José Mourinho is well known around the footballing atmosphere and has made the headlines just once or twice. So I'm here to have a look at his all-time best quotes:
10) On Lionel Messi's involvement in Chelsea defender Asier Del Horno's red card:
"How do you say cheating in Catalan?"
9) On a Chelsea injury-stricken team:
"It's like having a blanket that is too small for the bed. You pull the blanket up to keep your chest warm and your feet stick out. I cannot buy a bigger blanket because the supermarket is closed. But the blanket is made of cashmere."
8) On Barcelona ‘cheating’ in a Champions League semi-final with Real Madrid:
"One day I would like Josep Guardiola (then coach of Barcelona) to win this competition properly. If I tell UEFA what I really think and feel, my career would end now. Instead I will just ask a question to which I hope one day to get a response: Why?”
7) On taking the Chelsea job:
"If I wanted to have an easy job I would have stayed at Porto. Beautiful blue chair, the UEFA Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me.”
6) On Mourinho’s Porto beating Manchester United in the Champions League:
"I understand why he (Alex Ferguson) is a bit emotional. He has some of the top players in the world and they should be doing a lot better than that. You would be sad if your team gets as clearly dominated by opponents who have been built on 10 percent of the budget."
5) On Chelsea winning the Europa League before his return to Chelsea:
“I don't want to win the Europa League. It would be a big disappointment for me. I don't want my players to feel the Europa League is our competition.”
4) On his rivalry with former Barcelona manager Frank Rijkaard:
“My history as a manager cannot be compared with Frank Rijkaard’s history. He has zero trophies and I have a lot of them.”
3) When he was unveiled as the new Real Madrid manager in 2010:
“I am Jose Mourinho and I don’t change. I arrive with all my qualities and my defects.”
2) When the Spanish radio network Cope asked him what he believed God thought about him:
“He must really think I’m a great guy. He must think that, because otherwise He would not have given me so much. I have a great family. I work in a place where I’ve always dreamt of working. He has helped me out so much that he must have a very high opinion of me.”
1) Being unveiled as the new Chelsea manager in 2004:
“Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one.”
So there you have it, José Mourinho's top ten quotes to date. Comment below your favourite.