Division Champs: Clemson (Atlantic), Miami (Coastal) Conference Champ: Clemson Top Heisman Candidate: Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson Offensive Player Of The Year: Boyd Defensive Player Of The Year: Lamarcus Joyner, S, Florida State Coach Of The Year: Dabo Sweeney, Clemson Biggest Upset: North Carolina over South Carolina Emerging Star: Michael Campanaro, WR, Wake Forest Game Of The Year: Florida State at Clemson Biggest Disappointment: Virginia Tech Coach On The Hottest Seat: Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech. If Tech goes in the tank after losing to Alabama in the opener, Beamer could be in line for the Bobby Bowden treatment.
A Six Pack Of Bold ACC Predictions
1. Tajh Boyd will get all the attention, but North Carolina's Bryn Renner will be the first ACC QB drafted.
2. If Wake Forest loses games two and three (at Boston College, vs. Louisiana-Monroe), Jim Grobe will have worn out his welcome in Winston-Salem.
3. Neither Syracuse nor Pitt will duplicate Texas A&M's debut in the SEC. They will do better than Missouri did, however.
4. Duke safety Jeremy Cash, an Ohio State transfer, will be the conference's defensive newcomer of the year.
5. This will be Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris' final season with the Tigers. He will be a head coach somewhere in 2014.
6. Florida State will lead the nation in total defense.