Division Champs: Ohio (East), Northern Illinois (West) Conference Champ: Northern Illinois Top Heisman Candidate: Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois Offensive Player Of The Year: Lynch Defensive Player Of The Year: Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo. Mack averaged 8.5 tackles per game, amassed 8 sacks, and led the MAC in TFL’s — all stats that best his biggest competitor DT Roosevelt Nix’s numbers from last season. Coach Of The Year: P.J. Fleck, Western Michigan Biggest Upset: Buffalo over Bowling Green Emerging Star: Willie Snead, WR, Ball State Game Of The Year: Ohio at Bowling Green Biggest Disappointment: Kent State Coach On The Hottest Seat: Rod Carey, Northern Illinois
A Six Pack Of Bold MAC Predictions
1. Buffalo will be the surprise team of the MAC.
2. Buffalo should win seven games this year.
3. Kent State RB Dri Archer will be the best offensive player (not named Jordan Lynch) in the conference.
4. Seven MAC teams will be bowl eligible by year’s end.
5. Ball State QB Keith Wenning will break the school record for career passing yards this season.