Latest News From Around The NFC East
By Allen Kim
New York Giants
- Ernie Sims signed a one-year deal worth $715,000 to return to the Dallas Cowboys.
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones recently said that “no decision has been made” regarding RT Doug Free.
- Mackenzy Bernadeau underwent shoulder surgery, while Alex Albright had a sports hernia operation.
- Jerry Jones said that an extension with Tony Romo is close.
- Dallas has been selected to play against the Miami Dolphins in the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 4 in Canton, OH.
- Josh Brent, who is currently on trial for intoxication manslaughter, has likely played his last snap for the Cowboys and maybe in the NFL.
- Jason Garrett doesn’t seem willing to relinquish control of his play calling duties for the Cowboys just yet.
- The Giants signed WR Louis Murphy to a one-year contract.
- Dan Connor, former linebacker for the Cowboys, signed a one-year deal with New York.
- Continuing the trend this week, TE Brandon Meyers signed a deal to play with the Giants.
- David Carr is returning as Eli Manning’s backup on a one-year deal.
- Stevie Brown is returning to the Giants secondary on a one-year, $2.023 million deal.
- Eli Manning is willing to restructure his contract in order to help facilitate a deal for Victor Cruz.
- Tom Coughlin called out Jason Pierre-Paul’s conditioning issues and being out of shape for his disappointing season in 2012.
- David Wilson underwent hand surgery to remove a bone chip in his hand.
- The Eagles are allegedly willing to listen to offers for Jeremy Maclin even if they aren’t “actively” shopping him, but it would take an “irresistible offer”, according to a source.
- Philadelphia held a private workout with Florida State QB E.J. Manuel
- Chip Kelly hinted at using DeSean Jackson on punt returns again.
- Arrelious Benn signed a one-year extension to stay with the Eagles.
- RT Tyler Polumbus was signed to a two-year contract to remain in Washington.
- Adam Carriker has suffered a setback from his recovery from a torn quad.
- Washington signed CB EJ Biggers, but details of the contract have not been disclosed just yet.
- Fred Davis has started running again and is ahead of schedule recovering from Achilles surgery.
- LB Rob Jackson has been suspended for four games without pay for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.