Puyol confident of Fabregas stay
Barcelona captain Carles Puyol does not believe midfielder Cesc Fabregas will leave the club to sign for Manchester United.
Fabregas was the subject of a rejected bid, reportedly worth £25 million, last week from the Premier League champions.
United manager David Moyes confirmed on Monday that the club had tabled a second bid for the former Arsenal captain.
Puyol feels that Fabregas is happy at Barcelona though, and has tipped him to remain at the club.
Puyol said: "I do not think that Cesc will leave Barca."
He also backed the club's new signing, Brazilian Neymar, to impress this season.
The veteran defender feels that the 21-year-old, who was awarded the best player at the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup in June, is ready for the pressure that comes with playing for the Catalan giants.
"Neymar is a superb player. He is still young, yet already has a lot of experience," he said.
"He is ready to play for Barcelona."
Puyol has spoken publicly for the first time about Tito Vilanova's decision to leave his post as Barcelona coach to continue his fight with throat cancer.
"What has happened with Tito is a huge blow for us. We did not see this coming and the team suffers a lot," he said.
"Tito has already shown us that he is really strong and he is ready to battle. The team will be by his side any time he needs us.
"He has asked us to give our all on the pitch. That would be the best way to support him and we will do do our utmost to give him some joy."