This article is published by Football.com. Please contact Football.scom if you think this content is appropriate and should be removed from this page.
Robinho transfer saga continues
Jul. 03, 2013 12:14 PM EST
Milan forward Robinho’s proposed move to Santos could be on the brink of collapse.
It is believed that both the fee requested by the club and the player's reported wage demands are proving to be obstacles.
Negotiations have become complex over recent weeks with the Brazilian outfit claiming the striker’s demands "need to get back to reality".
However, Robinho’s father told Lancenet that talks with Santos were through high-profile agent Mino Raiola, suggesting that if the Brazilian forward was to negotiate directly with Santos, then a move could be possible.
He said: "I saw Mino Raiola only once and we are not friends.
"He (Robinho) will accept the fact he’ll be earning much less in order to come back to Santos.
"I spoke to Santos vice-president Odilio Rodrigues for the first time last week to study the Robinho situation. If someone else negotiated on his behalf, then they were not authorised to do so.
"What does Robinho think about all this? He was very irritated to hear Santos talk about certain wage demands that he had never made. I don’t know where that money was meant to go, but not to Robinho or Milan.