Sevilla: No offer for Negredo yet
By Football News
Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido has claimed Manchester City or Tottenham have yet to make an offer for Alvaro Negredo.
While the British media have widely reported Negredo is set to end his four-year association with Sevilla by joining Manchester City, Del Nido has argued he is yet to receive a bid from any English club for the 27-year-old Spanish striker.
Negredo, who has scored 85 goals in 180 matches across all competitions for Sevilla, has been angling for a transfer throughout the European summer but has been told by Del Nido his preferred move to Atletico Madrid will not be accepted.
Sevilla rejected a bid from Atletico last week and have slapped a 20-million-pound price tag on Negredo.
Del Nido has claimed he will not negotiate the price, while adding any interest from either Manchester City or Tottenham is purely speculation at this point.
"Manchester City have not made any offer for him, nor have Tottenham and the offer from Atlético was turned down 11 days ago," Del Nido told The Guardian on Thursday.
Sevilla completed a deal to sell Jesus Navas to Manchester City for 17 million pounds last month and hope to secure a similar transfer fee for Negredo.
But while Del Nido remains bullish about releasing the 14-time Spanish international forward, he has conceded there is interest from English Premier League clubs.
"There are two clubs in England who are interested in him and his departure could happen," Del Nido said.
Negredo is expected to arrive in Sevilla on Saturday after some time off to begin pre-season training with the La Liga club.