Soldado uncertain of Valencia future
Roberto Soldado says he wants to stay at Valencia but fears being sold as the indebted club look to balance their books.
The striker has been the subject of intense transfer speculation for much of the past two seasons as a result of his prolific goal-scoring record at Estadio Mestalla.
But, after again reiterating his commitment to the Valencia cause, the 27-year-old revealed his concerns over the club's severe money worries.
"My future? I renewed (my contract) last year and my intention is to spend as much time as possible in Valencia, although it is unclear whether the club need money and are looking to sell," he said.
An impending presidential election on June 4 has also brought the future of coach Ernesto Valverde into question, with the 49-year-old - who replaced Mauricio Pellegrino on a contract until the end of the season in December - not due to start talks over a new deal until the club's new figurehead is in place.
"We are very happy with the coach," Soldado said.
"The results have been there and hopefully the sporting project is submitted as soon as possible as to give us all peace of mind."
Defender Joao Pereira meanwhile admitted he is none the wiser over the future of the Valencia coach, but insisted everyone at the club is clear over their most pressing objective at hand.
"What I know is that the coach is preparing to win the four games we have left. We are calm, our life is to play football and that's what we have to do," he said.
"The team and the coach will fight to the death."
Valencia occupy fifth spot in La Liga with just four games remaining and trail fourth-placed Real Sociedad by two points in the battle for a UEFA Champions League qualification berth.