Stramaccioni: No panic at dormant Inter
By Football News
Inter have been beaten to the signings of both Ezequiel Lavezzi and Lucas Moura by Paris Saint-Germain in the close season.
And according to head coach Stramaccioni, his squad remains in need of reinforcements before the campaign begins later this month.
"I would be worried if by August 31 the players with the characteristics I am after have not arrived, but I'm not worried at this time," Stramaccioni told reporters.
"I get on with him (president Massimo Moratti) very well. For all the decisions I take the final responsibility. So far, no player has arrived without my welcome.
"I think it's important that we focus on players who are useful and functional. The characteristics of the team go beyond a single name.
"I would see a problem if a player arrived who did not function in the way we play. What is important is that the players who do arrive are functional."
Inter face Hajduk Split in the third qualifying round of the Europa League on Thursday and despite holding a 3-0 advantage from the first leg, Stramaccioni feels there is still room for improvement from his players in the return fixture.
"With my eyes I also saw things going wrong and I am trying to work on them," he said.
"I defy anyone not to get things wrong on August 10, but for personality and our style, we are there.
"Now we must improve the things that went wrong. We are neither elated by the result nor concerned about the mistakes."