This article is published by Football.com. Please contact Football.com if you think this content is appropriate and should be removed from this page.
Torres wants Chelsea stay
Jun 08, 2013 9:42 AM EST
Fernando Torres insists he wants to see out the remainder of his Chelsea contract.
The Spain striker did not have the best of starts to his Chelsea career, scoring just once in his first 19 games after a 50 million pound move from Liverpool, but he enjoyed an improved end to the last campaign including a goal in the UEFA Europa League final success over Benfica.With Jose Mourinho now confirmed as Chelsea manager, there had been questions over whether the former Atletico Madrid man would stay at Stamford Bridge.
However, Torres says he is happy to be at the London club and that he will look to see out the remainder of his five-year deal, which has three seasons to run."I have three more years on my contract so I am not worried. I know my future is there," said Torres, who is currently on national team duty ahead of the FIFA Confederations Cup."To be honest, it is like this every summer.
"There is talk and speculation. But as I said when I signed my contract I will be there for five-and-a-half seasons.
"My future is there, and my present is with the national team."
Chelsea have been linked with a host of strikers over recent weeks including Napoli's Edinson Cavani and Hulk of Zenit St Petersburg, with the Italian club's president Aurelio De Laurentiis and the Brazilian striker claiming they are in talks with Stamford bridge officials.